In today’s world, your comfort is the first priority. If you want to reupholster an office chair by yourself at office, home or anywhere you want, you must follow specific steps. Sometimes the products we buy often does not meet our expectations in some ways. So what better way than to reupholster our own chair cushions at our place in our comfort as per our wish?
We will need certain materials in order to reupholster chair. The materials are listed below:
Materials need to Reupholster office Chair
- Foam Padding
- A Staple Gun
- A Sewing Machine (optional)
After you have gathered the materials, you can go ahead with the reupholstering executive office chair cushions as per your wish.
Step by Step process to reupholster office chair cushions for office or home
- Start by disassembling the chair and make sure office seat cushion and chair are separate.
- Measure the dimensions of the cushion and cut the foam padding to the size you prefer and you want.
- Cut the fabric to size, leaving a few inches extra on all sides of the cushion.
- Place the foam padding on top of the fabric and pull the fabric tight over the padding, stapling it securely to the bottom of the cushion so the padding inside does not fall out or become loose.
- Trim off any excess fabric and continue to staple the fabric to the cushion, pulling it tight and smoothing out any wrinkles which make the cushion tight with foam, best for your comfort.
- If desired, you can use a sewing machine to sew a neat edge around the cushion which not only helps you with a perfect finish but also gives your cushions a good look.
- Finally, place the upholstered cushion on your chair, and you can enjoy your handmade cushion to your liking.
- Finally, put all the pieces back together and your office chair is ready to use.
How much does it cost to reupholster an office chair?
Prices may vary depending on the fabric choice and other materials you’ll be using. But It’s definitely budget-friendly if you do all by yourself.
Is it worth reupholstering an office chair
If you can do disassembling, sewing, reassembling than it’s worth it for sure. If you can’t do these, you can try buying slipcovers.
Here’s a video that shows how to reupholstering an office chair from start to end
How to reupholster an old office chair?
It is very easy to make things on your own if you have access to the materials that are needed to reupholster chair cushions. The steps are easy and you can play around with not just the design but the fabric of your choice and the finishing of your choice. So, anyone can make their own chair cushion at home or office following the directions listed above.
Also Read: How To Clean Office Chair Cushion?